Correct Sentences All boards’ Papers (Part - II) 2014

www.iqranotes.com



Correct Sentences

All boards’ Papers (Part - II) 2014


Sr No.
Incorrect Sentence
Correct Sentence
1
He knows to drive a car.
He knows how to drive a car.
2
She is taller of the two.
She is the taller of the two.
3
The matter is between he and I.
The  matter is between him and me.
4
He said that he loved with Salma.
He said that he loved Salma.
5
She has taken the examination two day ago.
She took the examination two day ago.
6
The both girls are tall.
Both the girls are tall.
7
She lays in bed yesterday.
She laid in bed yesterday.
8
He disposed off the case.
He disposed of the case.
9
I have many works to do.
I have much work to do.
10
He, you and I told the news.
You, he and I told the news.
11
No sooner I saw him, I ran to meet him.
No sooner did I see him than I ran to meet him.
12
I encashed five thousands rupees.
I encashed five thousand rupees.
13
This tea is very hot to drink.
This tea is too hot to be drunk.
14
I will take your leave in a day.
I will take leave from you in a day.
15
The committee has chosen their chairman.
The committee has chosen its chairman.
16
Rich should not hate the poor.
The rich should not hate the poor.
17
He refused that he had old a lie.
He denied that he had told a lie.
18
He is ill from fever.
He is ill with fever.
19
Work hard lest you should not fail.
Work hard lest you should fail.
20
She is senior than me.
She is senior to me.
21
Cow is a useful animal.
The cow is a useful animal.
22
Each of these two girls are intelligent.
Each of these two girls is intelligent.
23
Neither he reads nor teaches.
Neither does he read nor does he teach.
24
Muslims are a brave nation.
The Muslims are a brave nation.
25
He is ill from fever.
He is ill with fever.
26
Shakespeare is greater than any dramatist.
Shakespeare is greater than any other dramatist.
27
I, he and you are friends.
You, he and I are friends.
28
What is the last news?
What is the latest news?
29
The murderer hanged yesterday.
The murderer is hanged yesterday.
30
This is a worth seeing sight.
This is a sight worth - seeing.
31
This is a worth seeing sight.
This is a sight worth - seeing.
32
I am learning a poetry now.
I am learning a poem now.
33
The man is mortal.
Man is mortal.
34
There is no place in this room.
There is no room in this room.
35
It is I who is to blame.
It is I who am to blame.
36
We enjoyed during the holidays.
We enjoyed the holidays. OR
We enjoyed ourselves during the holidays.
37
This book is too much expensive.
This book is very expensive.
38
Rose is a lovely flower.
The rose is a lovely flower.
39
She called him as a fool.
She called him a fool.
40
It is very hot to play football.
It is too hot to play football.
41
I could not help to laugh..
I could not help laughing.
42
One should do his duty.
One should do one's duty.
43
I take pain over my work.
I take pains over my work.
44
I can say it at his face.
I can say it to his face.
45
A horse is a faithful animal.
The horse is a faithful animal.
46
He is M.A in English.
He is an M.A in English.
47
He went out just now.
He has gone out just now.
48
The chair’s leg is broken.
The leg of the chair is broken.
49
Ten deers are sitting in the forest.
Ten deer is sitting in the forest.
50
I have come here yesterday.
I came here yesterday.
51
The burglars set the building to fire.
The burglars set the building on fire.
52
He went out just now.
He has gone out just now.
53
He gets a very less salary.
He gets a very small salary.
54
His hairs are white.
His hair is white.
55
He, you and I told the news.
You, he and I told the news.
56
He is kind on me.
He is kind to me.
57
Why you refuse to obey him?
Why do you refuse to obey him?
58
Am I not taller than him?
Am I not taller than he?
59
I, you and he will go to Lahore.
You, he and I will go to Lahore.
60
He refused my invitation.
He declined my invitation.
61
I am too sorry to hear it.
I am very sorry to hear it,
62
No one can sing better than her.
No one can sing better than she.
63
It is I who is to blame.
It is I who am to blame.
64
Each of the passengers show their ticket.
Each of the passengers shows his ticket.
65
You would better work hard.
You had better work hard.
66
He absented from the duty.
He absented himself from the duty.
67
 The committee have approved the proposal.
The  committee has approved the proposal.
68
He did not came here a month ago.
He did not come here a month ago.
69
At last the police made him to speak the truth.
At lost the police made him speak the truth.
70
I am suffering from fever since Monday.
I have been suffering from fever since Monday.
71
Saleem knew teach English.
Saleem knew how to teach English.
72
The poors are treated  harshly.
The poor are treated harshly.
73
I bought a pen who is pretty.
I bought a pen which was pretty.
74
She is not as pretty as Rabia.
She is not so pretty as Rabia.
75
Neither he reads nor teachers.
Neither does he read nor does he teach.
76
Where this road leads to?
Where does this road lead to?
77
Why you came late?
Why did you come late?
78
I had been born in 1970.
I was born in 1970.
79
She enjoyed at the party.
She enjoyed herself at the party.
80
Cuckoo is a migratory bird.
The cuckoo is a migratory bird.
81
He is braver than any man.
He is braver than any other man.
82
He knows swimming.
He knows how to swim.
83
He is senior than you.
He is senior to you.
84
Anyone can do it if one tries.
Anyone can do it if he tries.
85
He availed of the chance.
He availed himself of the chance.
86
The man is mortal.
Man is mortal.
87
He said that he is ill.
He told that he is ill.
88
She is taller of the two.
She is the taller of the two.
89
She is taller than me.
She is taller than I.
90
This is a worth reading book.
This is a book worth reading.
91
This is a worth seeing - sight.
This is a sight worth - seeing.
92
I thought it was him.
I thought it was he.
93
She always comes very lately.
She always comes very late.
94
He, you and I are guilty.
I, he and you are guilty.
95
He caught a three years old bird.
He caught a three years old bird.
Previous Post Next Post