Unit 7 | Because I Could Not Stop for Death | New English Syllabus | Class 12 | 2026

 Unit: 7

Because I Could Not Stop for Death

Because I Could Not Stop for Death

Emily Dickinson is a very well-known poetess. In this poem, “Because I Stopped for Death," she has granted death as a very major and bitter reality of life. This poetess does not present death as something scary, but in a very poetic style and in very polite language, she has presented death as a good friend and has also told how death gently leads people to eternity. In this poem, the poetess has strained to explain how death is a natural change and not the end. On the whole, this poem underlines the approval of an infinite death given by Allah Almighty and the continued existence of existence beyond physical life.

For a free PDF file, click here

*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post