My Hobby

www.iqranotes.blogspot.com


My Hobby
(OR)   Hobbies
(OR)    My Favourit Hobby
(OR)    Importance Of Hobbies

_____________________________________________



Hobbies have a great importance in human life. In fact hobby is a personal occupation in spare time. It is done in isolation than in company. It varies from person to person. It is done for the sake of joy and rest.

It is according to the individual taste, temperament and resources. It is an alternative occupation of the person who does brain – work. In this respect, Sir Winston Churchill has rightly said: 

“A hobby is an alternative mental interest”.

There can be numerous hobbies. My hobby is stamp – collecting. I am always ambitious to collect new and old stamps of my own country and of various other countries.  

I hate idleness. I always try to keep myself busy in my spare time. Some years back, I adopted the hobby of gardening, but I could not stick to it. I have therefore , Started the hobby of stamp collecting.

Stamp - collecting is considered a royal hobby. It is a very expensive hobby. My pocket - money is not enough to meet the expenses of all the new stamps, which I want to collect. My father, who likes my hobby of stamp collecting, gives me rupees 300/- a month to buy the new stems.

I have very nice stamp – albums. I feel pride in showing them to my visitors, guests and friends. I have pen - friends all over the world. I exchange the stamps with them. Every stamp has a tale to tell me about a country and its people. There are also the pictures of Kings, rulers and great man. There are also the pictures of the beautiful scenes of Nature. These beautiful pictures are really a great source of inspiration to me.

This hobby has helped me in making pen - friends from other countries. It has added to my knowledge about various countries and nations. I have so far collected thousands of stamps of various countries. This hobby has provided me with a joy for ever. Some of my friends ore of the view - point that I am wasting my time. In fact, they are unaware that hobbies are also an Inevitable part of education.


To conclude, a hobby is adopted for the sake of spending the spare time, driving joy and taking rest. I am satisfied with my hobby, because it suits my taste, temperament and resources. It has really increased my knowledge about various countries and nations. We cannot deny the importance of hobbies in human life.

*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post