My First Day At College ( Outstanding Essay)

www.iqranotes.blogspot.com


My First Day At College ( Outstanding Essay)

If there are dreams to sell,
Happy and sad to tell,
Which one would be you buy?

My first day at college is a memorable experience of life . It is marked with excitement, nervousness and fears . So, it will haunt me forever in the years to come . As soon as I appeared in the Matriculation Examination . I began to dream of a free, independent and interesting life of the college . My cousin would often say to me,

“Life in a college is more if and than serious effort to get education . Moreover, College is a place for making friends and chalking out programs to go to the pictures for picnics”.

At last, the result of the Matriculation Examination was declared and I came out with flying colours . I decided to seek admission to Government College, the biggest college in the area . So, I submitted admission forms .  After ten days, I was informed that I had been granted admission . I went to the college to deposit dues . I was nervous and afraid . Surprisingly enough, many of students organisations were welcoming the newcomers and guiding them very kindly and compassionately . I was very happy and satisfied . Our classes were to start on 7th September . I was feeling proud of being collegiate .
On September 7, I got up early in the morning, established prayers, took a hearty bath and get ready for the college . Meanwhile, my mother prepared breakfast . I took breakfast hurriedly and came to the bus station where many other class fellows had also gathered . We formed a group and started to the college because we wanted to defend ourselves against first year foolery . When we reached the main gate, a group of senior students was waiting for us . Firstly, they greeted us and then raised the slogan “ first year fools” , “Zindabad” . We got suddenly nervous . However, we decided to act together to avoid their practical jokes . Some of the senior students in a much larger group approached us with an air of superiority and meet us subdue instantly . They made us stand in a row and march . They ordered ask to  sing ridiculous songs and do monkey pranks . My ego did not allow me to do so but being helpless before such a host of ruffians, I had to obey .
After getting rid of them, I moved to the notice board to note the time table . Our first period was that of English . It was to be held in room number 12 . I did not know where the room  was . Catching site of an innocent, gentle looking student, I approached him and requested him to guide me about the  room . No sooner did I enter the room than there was a  roar of cheers and laughter . It was girls room . I rushed out with the feelings of shame and insult and began to fight with him . A man of short stature tried to separate us but I had got to furious that I  slapped on his face . All the boys dispersed in no time . Only two of us were there on the sea . Many professors in an instant . I was captured and taken to the office of the principal and was charged with being rude .the fellow whom I had  slapped was also occupying a chair . It came out that he was not a student . He was a visitor . I felt ashamed of my mistake and apologize to him . He took pity on me and pardon me .
Now, all the first year students were asked to assemble in the hall where the principal delivered a moral lecture and advised not to take part in party politics rather to pay full attention to studies to achieve our goals . Afterwards, a professor guided us about the timetable and we went to the classrooms .
When the professor  came . All the boys stood up to greet him . Firstly, he introduced himself to us and then began to take the roll call . Different who has answered the role call in different ridiculous manners stock some were saying “ yes please” many others were crying,” Lubback” . If you were answering” Hazir Janaab”. But the professor did not mind it . He was very kind, polite and courteous stuff he did not teach us but only advised us about our future life . He stressed us not to misuse the liberty but to make full use of the opportunity to develop our personalities and achieve our goals . In this way, all the professor is spoke on the importance of education and discipline . The highlighted the value of the subjects they were to teach . They talked to us in a friendly manner  quite differently from the school teachers . We were much impressed by their attitude and behaviour .
When all the classes were over, we started back to our homes . We were again caught by the seniors who were ready to pounce upon us is there legitimate prey . They caught us and stamped us as:
“420” beat me if you can,” “ first year fool, please hit me! And what not else .”
The boxed, pinched and kicked us . They sprinkled liquid of different colours on  us.  They tore  our clothes, snatched our pens and notebooks and  teased a as much as they could  .  We bore all this patiently because we knew .
“Every black cloud has a silver lining” .
Thus, my first day at college came to an end with new rays of hope for the next day .

8 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post